Enrollment in EAPrefer® is quick and easy!

Before you begin, please review the program qualifications at the bottom of this page. You will need following items to complete your application:

  • State License Number
  • Certification information (if applicable; not mandatory)
  • Address of your primary practice
  • Copy of your Professional Liability Insurance

Registration is easy and can be completed online or through the mail.

  • Use our easy, step-by-step online enrollment form

Enroll Online Now

c/o NASW Assurance Services, Inc.
50 Citizens Way, Suite 304
Frederick, MD 21701

If you do not have the free AdobeĀ® Reader software, please download it from Adobe.


Our EAP network provider partners have established certain qualifications for social workers to participate in the EAPrefer program. In order to sign up, you must:

  • Be a NASW member with a PhD or MSW degree*
  • Be licensed to practice counseling without supervision in your state
  • Hold professional liability insurance

*There may also be opportunities for NASW members with BSW degrees to lead training and coaching workshop programs where permitted.

Depending on your location, and the requirements of the applicable EAP network provider partners, you may be required to have office space outside of your home to provide services.

To find out whether you have the license required to practice in your state, visit the Association Of Social Work Boards, and then select “Find a licensing board” under the “Social Work Licensing” section.