Our EAP network provider partners have established certain qualifications for social workers to participate in the EAPrefer program. In order to sign up, you must:

  • Be a NASW member with a PhD or MSW degree*
  • Be licensed to practice counseling without supervision in your state
  • Hold professional liability insurance

*There may also be opportunities for NASW members with BSW degrees to lead training and coaching workshop programs where permitted.

Depending on your location, and the requirements of the applicable EAP network provider partners, you may be required to have office space outside of your home to provide services.

State requirements

The EAPrefer program proudly serves EAP network provider partners throughout the country. To find out whether you have the license required to practice in your state, visit the Association Of Social Work Boards, and then select “Find a licensing board” under the “Social Work Licensing” section.